Amazon

Friday 27 February 2015

Eggless Pineapple Cake prepared in pressure cooker


Hi friends -  
This is my  50th post.  I can’t imagine that I have reached this milestone in such a short span of time (3 months) and this would not have been possible without the support and push from one person - my hubby :)
I am heartily thankful to him for making me believe that my interest in cooking can result in a blog and for enabling me do such a lot of things. Next is my mother...She is my all in all in cooking and with out her help I cannot imagine this…

Now here I am, posting my 50th recipe which is a cake. I am doing this for the first time. This cake is especially dedicated to my father,my son and my niece (bro's daughter). My hubby hates cakes :)


The idea that a cake can be cooked in a pressure cooker was given to be by Preeti, my sis-in-law (hubby's sis) when she cooked one. 

My other sis-in-law, Vidya (bro's wife) helped me with ingredient ideas and my dear friend Geetha Kartha also helped me with ingredient ideas and gave me the tips to properly make the cake... My special thanks to these 3, the cake has come out well! 

Also, thanks to my friends for their comments and suggestions ! I hope I will continue to get this support...

Now getting into the preparation method:

Ingredients:

Main cake:

Wheat flour (Maida) - 1 cup
Powdered  Sugar - 1/4 cup
Condensed milk - 1/2 cup
Butter - 50 gms
Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pineapple essence - 1/2 teaspoon
Milk -1/2 cup
Salt – 1 pinch

Icing:

Butter - 25 gms
Icing sugar - 100 gms
Vanilla essence - 1/2 teaspoon
Milk -1/2 tablespoon
Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons

Cherry - 8 nos (depends upon how many we want to keep on the icing)
Ingredients added for mixing

Process:

Baking the cake:

In a  bowl, combine together powdered sugar, condensed milk and butter using a whisk. 

Mix well  until  combined. Then add flour, baking powder, milk, pineapple essence and a pinch of salt and mix thoroughly till it becomes a smooth batter. 


Now take a wide mouthed-flat base pan and apply butter on the inside of the pan for baking to avoid the cake sticking to the walls of the pan
Final Batter ready to be poured

Since this pan needs to be kept inside your pressure cooker, please take a pan which will fit well inside the pressure cooker.  

Next, pour the batter to the greased pan. 


How to bake cake in pressure cooker:

Pour 1-1.5 liters of water and  place a stand (an inverted lid also will work) into the water in the cooker. On this stand, keep the greased cake pan with the batter inside it.  Remove the whistle of the cooker and heat for 5 minutes on high flame for the water to boil, after that put it in a low flame. Do not open the lid while steaming, and also don’t have any plastic items in the cooker.
Steam for around 45 minutes in low flame without the whistle. 

Baked cake w/o icing
Check it after 45 minutes by inserting a wooden tooth pick in the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, your cake is done, otherwise cook it for some more time, say 15 min. more.

Once done, remove the cake from the cooker, allow it to cool for sometime, loosen the sides and invert the cake pan to a plate. 

Preparing the Icing for the cake: 

In a bowl, take the butter and  beat butter until soft. Add 1/2 table spoon of milk and add icing sugar. Add cocoa powder and vanilla essence.
Beat the icing sugar, vanilla essence, cocoa powder and milk to make a firm but spreadable paste. 

Spread it over on the cake. Decorate with cherries! I also sprinkled the cocoa powder and the icing sugar on the top for fun :)

Eggless Pineapple cake prepared in pressure cooker is ready! 

#cake, #egglesscakes, #pineapplecake, #indianrecipes, #vegetarian ,#vegetariancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment